Familiarize yourself in advance with fire extinguisher locations, evacuation routes/exits,
and fire alarm pull stations.
Smoke is the greatest danger in a fire. Always stay near the floor where the air is less toxic.
- Activate the closest fire alarm pull station.
- Exit and stay low by getting down on your knees or belly if necessary. Make your
way out via the safest route and nearest exit.
- Assemble at the designated evacuation assembly point and await further instructions.
If trapped during a fire:
- Stay low near the floor.
- Shout at regular intervals to alert emergency personnel to your location.
- Indicate your location to emergency responders by placing an article of clothing outside