for New & Returning Students
- Complete Intent to Attend MCLA Form: This form is available for students to complete electronically on Banner Self Service,
but the form can be printed and mailed, emailed, or faxed to us. All registered students must complete this form each semester, regardless of whether
there is a balance owed to MCLA. To complete form electronically though Banner, students must log into their Banner
account, select "Student", followed by "Student Account", and then "Respond to my
- Complete a FERPA Form: MCLA cannot release any financial information, including refunds, pertaining to an
account to anyone but the student. In order to release information to others, the student must complete a FERPA form.The student has the right to rescind this authorization at any time throughout the
academic year. (Please note: Students must be logged into the myMCLA Portal to access
- Make a Health Insurance Decision: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all undergraduate students enrolled for
9 or more credits and all graduate students enrolled for 7 or more credits to have
health insurance. Every year, students waive or enroll in the insurance if they meet this requirement. If a student already waived in the fall semester,
they will not be required to waive in the spring semester.
- Verify Completion of Financial Aid File, if applicable: In order for a student to receive any financial aid, including Federal Student Loans,
the student must complete the FAFSA and any other documentation as required by the
MCLA Financial Aid Office. Accepted aid will be shown as a credit on the invoice.
- A student who is a first-time Federal Loan borrower must complete mandatory Entrance
Counseling and a Master Promissory Note for Federal Student Loans to be credited on
- If a student has an incomplete file with Financial Aid, financial aid will not show
on the bill. Contact Financial Aid at 413-662-5219 or email@example.com for assistance.
- If a student has a credit balance on the bill after all financial aid has been applied,
that student may be eligible for a book advance. Contact Student Accounts at 413-662-5230
or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pay Your Bill/Make Acceptable Payment Arrangement By Due Date*: To remain enrolled in coursework, students have the following options for payment:
- Pay the balance fee free with cash (in-office only), personal check, debit/credit
card, or ACH.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office to apply for an alternative loan
- Enroll in a monthly payment plan by Tuition Management Systems. For costs and schedules,
or to enroll, visit MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/MCLA.
*The Student Accounts office reserves the right to request payment in advance for
coursework if a student has demonstrated an unsatisfactory payment history, or has
defaulted on a prior payment arrangement. This includes any default of prior monthly
payment plans, and/or repeated collection efforts.