The Center for Student Success and Engagement (CSSE) offers academic advising support
throughout your time at MCLA, empowering you to make informed educational, career,
and life decisions.
We can help you with:
- General college and academic program information, including core curriculum, declaring
or changing a major or minor, and graduation requirements
- Advising for all undeclared students
- General advising for non-matriculated students, and non-traditional adult learners
- Prior learning 1-15 Credits Application and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credit
- Class registration and schedule adjustments for undeclared students
- General academic difficulties, academic recovery related to suspension and probation
How to Prepare for Advisor Meetings
Checklist to prepare you for registration:
- Read the Registration Alert email to find out when you are scheduled to register.
* Some special groups may register early; be sure you know the correct date.
- Clear any holds on your account (e.g. Student Accounts, Financial Aid, Health Services).
You can view holds in Banner, under the Student tab (Student Records).
- Make an appointment with your advisor well in advance of your designated registration
time. When you meet, you will receive your registration PIN.
- View Degree Works to develop a draft schedule to review with your advisor. *if you
entered MCLA prior to fall 2016, see Banner degree evaluation.
What Happens in Academic Advising?
Advising sessions ideally include an interactive dialogue between advisor and advisee
and cover a range of topics, such as educational goals, career goals, academic progress,
and school-work-family balance. At the conclusion of a session the advisor should
recommend a set of courses, and relevant opportunities for engagement, based on this
CSSE - Forms and Applications