Northern Berkshire Adult Basic Education Program
The mission of the Northern Berkshire Adult Education is to assist the residents of
Northern Berkshire County to achieve their academic and Career goals.
We offer classes to prepare individuals to earn their Alternative High School Credential
from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All of our program and services are free
of charge; funded by a grant from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary
Education, Office of Adult and Community Learning Services.
The program has classes this spring being offered fully remote, hybrid and in person.
Please contact us for additional information.
Our program is now located on the Campus of Drury High School
1130 Church Street
North Adams, MA 01247
The Entrance to the program is located to left of the main entrance, under the overhang
Suite A2 (signs are located on site to indicate location).
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) Improve basic reading, writing and math skills
- Adult Secondary Education (ASE) Prepare for the new High School Equivalency Test/GED
- Blended Learning Prepare for the High School Equivalency Test and college and career
& Career Readiness in class & on line
- ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages Classes - are for non-fluent English
speakers who want to improve their language skills. Curriculum is designed to help
with personal, social and business communications & prepare for U.S. citizenship.
College & Career Readiness
- Bridge to College Build the skills needed to be successful in a post secondary educational environment
- Employability Skills Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Pre-employment readiness for students preparing for this entry level health care position
- Digital Literacy Class Starting February we will be offering a course in Digital Literacy, using the North
Star Digital Literacy Program. Students participating in this program will be eligible
to take a certification exam to demonstrate competency in Digital Literacy. For more
information, please use the Schedule an appointment option to sign up for an information
session for Digital Literacy.
Enrollment and Orientation
Individuals interested in enrolling in the program are encouraged to contact the Program
Director at 413-662-5386 or via email at R.Bouquet@mcla.edu. All office hours are by appointment.
Schedule an appointment
Robert Bouquet - Program Director
Phone - 413-662-5386 or 413-662-5330
Request More Information About ABE
Northern Berkshire ABE in iBerkshires, January 2016
Northern Berkshire Resource Guides
MCLA/Ed2Go Online Training